The pandemic has caused a lot of uncertainty, placing our plans on-hold. But you might not be able to postpone plans like moving to a new place. If you’re ready to move and you’ve picked out your location, where you’re going to live, and your quarantine buddy (or buddies) that you’re taking with you, then all you need is a handy moving checklist to keep you on track.
We’ve compiled this moving checklist with recommendations on how to stay safe and organized when you’re moving during a pandemic. Moving to a new place should be as stress-free as possible, so let’s dive right in!
Your Moving Checklist
The Do’s of Moving During a Pandemic
- Get a virtual quote from a moving company – Contacting a moving company via phone or website for a quote can help limit your in-person contact.
- Ask the moving company about their COVID-19 safety measures – Make sure you’re comfortable with the company’s sanitizing protocols.
- Check for travel rules and regulations in your city – Confirm you can easily travel to move out of your current area and into your new area.
- Get organized – Take your time while going through the packing process.
- Keep what you need – Keep the necessities. Donate what you no longer need.
- Use your own boxes or buy new boxes – Using new packing supplies can help your belongs remain clean.
- Clean your area while you’re packing – Wipe down surfaces as you’re packing to keep the area clean.
- Wear a mask and gloves – Get a mask with your favorite design. Have fun with it while being safe and considerate you’re packing and unpacking.
- Check in with yourself. Breathe – A pandemic can be stressful. Take a moment to breathe. Sit down if you’re not feeling well, and drink plenty of water throughout the day.
- Know where you’re going – Scope out your new location in-person. If you can’t visit in-person, check for photos online and bring directions with you for yourself and your movers.
- When you move in, clean your new place thoroughly.
The Don’ts of Moving During a Pandemic
- Don’t bring your life’s worth of belongings – The less you pack, the lighter and easier your move will be.
- Don’t leave boxes open or unsealed – Carefully packaging your boxes will keep your belongings safe during your move.
- Don’t forget to check your entire space before you leave – Make sure you brought everything with you.
- Don’t pack flammable items – We’re all about safety first!
- Don’t move if you’re feeling sick – If you’re not feeling well and you have the option to postpone your move, take advantage of that. Notify your moving company within at least 24 hours of your scheduled move so you can reschedule when you’re feeling better.
- Don’t move alone – Bring a family member or friend to make sure the moving process runs smoothly. Your moving buddy can be your second set of eyes.
- Don’t forget your moving team!
How We Can Help
Ready to get started with your move during a pandemic? For your convenience, you can easily book your move online. Tell us what you need, and you’ll get an instant quote. We know you want answers now, and we’re here to help you get the job done.
During the booking process, you’ll submit your online appointment request with your move-in date. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have a move-in date yet. You can always reschedule or cancel your moving appointment with 24 hours of notice. We’re here for you when you’re ready.
Download Your Moving Checklist and Get Started!
Save this handy moving checklist on your phone to reference or print the checklist to stay on track while you’re packing. Following a moving checklist can help your move run smoothly. If you need a hand, contact us and our dedicated team will be happy to help you!